I have written a book called "M/s for the Rest of Us" it is available for purchase here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/k-e-enzweiler/ms-for-the-rest-of-us/paperback/product-22151343.html

Or on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rest-Us-K-E-Enzweiler/dp/1329062213/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432825657&sr=1-2&keywords=m%2Fs+for+the+rest+of+us


I am the founder of the Albuquerque Masters Group. We meet once every other month. The group is open to all who wish to explore their Mastery, slavery, or Dominance and submission. Please contact me here or at my email : Bigdykebear@yahoo.com for more information!
The meetings are free to all who wish to attend!


If you are interested in power munches, skills workshops or play parties in the Albuquerque area please contact the 20 year organization of AEL at:

aelmailing@gmail.com



If you are interested in active online community please find:

Fetlife.com


Group names for the Albuquerque Community Include:

Land Of Enchantment Fetlifers

Albuquerque Kinksters

KinkySpot Clubhouse

Albuquerque Master/slave forum

New Mexico Leather League: Leather/Kink/Fetish and More






Friday, February 12, 2016

Like a baby or a carrot........



Last year I published a book called “M/s for the Rest of Us”. It was the second book that I have written the first one that I have published. The first edition was a real push to get out by Spring Pan. My editor and I worked tirelessly, she more then I, to reach the deadline.  That meant that the original edition went out with some interesting mistakes in it. The second edition was more widely spread and corrected those initial “ooops”.  



People have had interesting reactions to the book overall.  While I have completely struggled with how to receive those that approach me saying that they bought it, or are expecting it in the mail. It was a labor of love right from the beginning. I feel the overall vibe is positive. I get these amazing updates from  my editor – who  does math- my book  is currently in the top  7% of all  “self help” books and currently in  the top 17% of all  books on Amazon. It is also being nominated for a Geoff Mains award for BDSM nonfiction. That is amazing to me.  



On one hand I am completely taken aback by the numbers. Those numbers are beyond my understanding, I think. And on the other I think, Wow.  Love it or hate it, at least they are buying it. 

Honestly though, on day to day basis I don’t really know what to think or feel. When someone comes up to me and says that they have read my book, the first thing that I feel is taken aback, followed directly by fear. I am terrified that I will come across as this ego centric “kiss my hand before you speak” kind of person. I want to be relatable and approachable. So I freeze. Then I say something self deprecating. To make myself feel more comfortable. Not a good idea, but what I resorted to, and overall a surprise to me. 



I explained this to my editor who promptly blew her top at me.  Wise and brave woman that she is. She explained to me that I need to stop thinking about the book like it is “a me thing”. The book is its own thing now, its own life, and I need to honor that.  



This stopped me in my tracks.  She was right.  What I do from now on needs to nurture it and not me.  It needs to be about the books growth first. Like a baby or a carrot.......



 And after that I can think of myself and my growth. How I am going to learn more and become stronger.  How that is all part of the learning process, and criticism will help with growth.

So I am right here going to take that first step   in my own growth. In Putting the book before myself as its own thing.  OK here goes.   




For those of you that have read it I ask that you please put your review Amazon. This will help the book to have a life and grow. I would greatly appreciate it.



https://www.amazon.com/review/create-review?ie=UTF8&asin=1329062213&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=283155&ref_=cm_cr_dp_wrt_summary&store=books#






For those of you that have bought books- I would love to discuss what you thought and If you would like and haven’t already had it happen, sign them for you. 



For those of you that would like a copy, but can’t afford it right now, contact me. I can help with that in exchange for your review on Amazon. 




For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about go here:



http://www.amazon.com/Rest-Us-K-E-Enzweiler/dp/1329062213





Whew-  ok break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment