I have written a book called "M/s for the Rest of Us" it is available for purchase here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/k-e-enzweiler/ms-for-the-rest-of-us/paperback/product-22151343.html

Or on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rest-Us-K-E-Enzweiler/dp/1329062213/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1432825657&sr=1-2&keywords=m%2Fs+for+the+rest+of+us


I am the founder of the Albuquerque Masters Group. We meet once every other month. The group is open to all who wish to explore their Mastery, slavery, or Dominance and submission. Please contact me here or at my email : Bigdykebear@yahoo.com for more information!
The meetings are free to all who wish to attend!


If you are interested in power munches, skills workshops or play parties in the Albuquerque area please contact the 20 year organization of AEL at:

aelmailing@gmail.com



If you are interested in active online community please find:

Fetlife.com


Group names for the Albuquerque Community Include:

Land Of Enchantment Fetlifers

Albuquerque Kinksters

KinkySpot Clubhouse

Albuquerque Master/slave forum

New Mexico Leather League: Leather/Kink/Fetish and More






Friday, November 1, 2013

BDSM 101 Hands ON class



I don't like going to BDSM 101 classes.  Every BDSM 101 class that I have been too has been an exercise in keeping my eyes open, and although the information is still relevant and important, it makes me sleepy.  Even though I feel that BDSM 101 classes are critical to have consistently available, I haven’t ever been to one that made me excited about BDSM and left me wanting more. So when I was approached by Self Serve to teach a BDSM 101 class, I cringed a little on the inside. At first I accepted because I believe that the class is really important to have, and Self serve reaches a sect of people that are either not in community, or can’t be in community for whatever reason. But as the Self Serve team and I were talking, they brought up the idea of having it be taught as an interactive class.  


That is when I started to get excited and my juices got flowing.  I thought- yea, why not? Why can’t a BDSM 101 class be hands on? After all BDSM is about the experience, which can only be achieved by doing, and how better to get people excited about the possibilities of BDSM then  giving them some hands on?


So I thought about it for a few days and came up with a do able workshop that I thought could go over well, and prepped for the upcoming class. I was so nervous; this could easily go a few ways that maybe wouldn’t be pretty.


BUT!!!   It was so much fun!


The first part of the class was set aside to go over history, the legalities of current BDSM, myths and then I defined three   aspects of BDSM power exchange, role play and   fetish / kink.  Afterwards I went over the physical and psychological aspects of play- from euphoria to crashing.


It was when the hands part got started that I was really excited to have some fun!  


Earlier in the class I had people look around to see what BDSM toy interested them. Then at one point I had each of them go get a toy of their choice.  As a group we went through what everyone had picked, and talked about the differences in different types of the same toys as well as differences in cuffs. From there I gave each couple an assignment, and then I let them go and see where their fantasies would take them.
It was just what I had hoped that it would be. People loving the experience of BDSM, getting excited about what they were doing, and seeing the possibility of what could be done.  


I loved watching as they brought their own desires to life, as their faces went from excitement to being turned on, and hearing the room fill with laughter and joy.  It was everything that I was hoping for.
I had one person that I worked with specifically in regards to their identity and how they needed to understand their own body first and then work from there. I loved that time, working with that person one on one. Listening to their story and trying to let them know that they were not alone. I would go from person to person giving them little bits of safety information and then letting them go and experiment.
After the hands on portion, we came back together and did the written questions part of the workshop. I use this in every class.  Every person gets a piece of paper and a pen to write down a question. It allows for anonymity and candor, and is a good way to end the class overall.


The questions were great and the people were so engaged, but how I knew it was a great class was the red faces as people bought their toys and ran home. Most likely in a hurry to have tea and crumpets, or watch the news and then retire quietly to bed, or maybe clean the bathroom.


But I doubt it…….

No comments:

Post a Comment